Tea Learning Summer Camp terms and conditions
(Jamieson-Ball Ltd (registered in England and Wales with company number 8613635))
The following terms and conditions apply to all Jamieson-Ball Ltd (from hereon referred to as “JBL”) summer camp course bookings, regardless whether the course is booked directly or through an agency. By enrolling a student under 18, you agree to the terms and conditions on their behalf.
- Services to be provided:
English language classes and activities (as outlined in the booklet) provided for the specified length and duration.
A qualified English teacher will provide the classes with a CELTA (the Cambridge English Association Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages), Trinity Cert TESOL or equivalent certification.
Students will be provided materials as necessary for students during the course.
Payment for the whole course must be made in advance, in full in pounds sterling (British Pounds). To book a place 25 per cent of the fee must paid as a non-refundable deposit. Full payment needs to be completed 10 weeks before the start of the course. If payment schedules are not followed a place on the course cannot be guaranteed.
Any special offers require full payment before 23:59 GMT on the last day of the offer.
- Cancellation policy
Once the fees are paid, if a student is unable to make the course, they shall not be entitled to a refund. If students cannot make the course due to problems obtaining a visa, refunds will be considered.
- Student and parent/guardian responsibilities
The student is required to treat fellow students with respect and courtesy during lessons. There shall be no discrimination to fellow students on the basis of ethnicity, age, gender, disability, nationality, sexuality, religion, belief, and relationship status.
- Complaint procedure
Students, parents/guardians or agents should complain initially informally to the person providing the service.
If this is not resolved satisfactorily they should complain in writing to email@example.com. The complainant will receive a written response confirming receipt. Then the complaint will be reviewed and after investigated by a senior manager, the complainant will receive a written reply in no more than a weeks time.
If it is a student under 18 years old complaining, we will inform the parents/guardians of the complaint and keep them informed of the process
It is the responsibility of the client to check the student’s visa requirements for entry into the UK, and if necessary apply for and ensure the student is granted the appropriate visa for their period of study with JBL. Information on visas can be found on the UK Home Office website.
JBL will only issue visa support documentation once all booking requirements are met and all fees due have been paid.
- Arrivals and departures
To be entitled to pre-booked arranged transport to and from the airport, students need to arrive at Heathrow airport between 07:00 and 17:00 on the arrival day and depart from Heathrow 11:00 and 21:00 on the departure day. The arrangements need to be agreed with JBL. An additional charge will be made for the transport.
Parents or guardians must ensure students attending the course have sufficient insurance cover. Parents must provide JBL details of the insurance a month before the course begins.
- Medical information
You must inform us of any medical, dietary or other details which may affect the student’s ability to participate in the course before the course starts. Any student arriving with a serious medical condition not previously reported, which requires regular staff supervision, may be sent home with no refund of fees.
Students must hand in any medication they bring with them to course staff on arrival. Medicines will be administered under supervision by course staff.
Parents/guardians must complete the medical authorisation form and the student must bring a copy with them to the course.
In case of a medical emergency, if the student’s parents/guardians cannot be contacted, JBL will act in loco parentis and will arrange for a doctor to give any medical treatment considered necessary, as well as authorise the administration of an anaesthetic and operation.
- Summer school rules
The following rules apply to behaviour on our courses, including during study tours and in all accommodation.
- Students may not leave the school or be absent from meals without permission from the Course Manager.
- Students must attend all lessons, activities and study tours and be on time at meeting locations or in venues.
- Students must observe the rules relating to IT software.
- Students must observe bedtimes, and silence must be maintained in bedrooms after lights out at night.
- Students are not allowed into the bedrooms occupied by students of the opposite sex.
- We will not tolerate any bullying. In serious cases students may be sent home.
- Students must treat everyone with respect. No tolerance will be give for any form of discrimination or abuse due to race, gender, disability, gender identity, nationality, place of origin, sexual orientation, religion or belief. In serious cases of abuse or discrimination, the student may be sent home.
- Students must not misuse centre facilities including the activation of alarms without due cause. Fire escapes are for emergency use only.
- Mobile phones, tablets and other electronic devices must be switched off during lessons, activities and after lights-out.
- No smoking or drinking alcohol is allowed in the summer school at any time. Electronic cigarettes are not permitted.
- Students can only use sport facilities during arranged activities or with permission of JBL staff.
- School swimming pool rules must be strictly observed. No student may enter the pool if there is no lifeguard present.
- Students must hand in their airline tickets, passports, pocket money and credit cards for safekeeping.
- Students should keep all other valuables safely locked away, or hand them in to their houseparent for safekeeping.
- Students found to possess, use or supply alcohol, tobacco or illegal drugs will be sent home with no refund of fees.
- Students causing antisocial behaviour (including excessive noise) can be fined £300 per incident.
- Students losing the swipe card for their room will be charged £100 for its replacement.
- Students will have to cover any costs associated with the retrieval (included JBL staff time at £50 per hour) of items they have lost or left
- Any behaviour by the student results in the student, JBL or JBL staff receiving a fine or charged, the student (or their parent/guardian) will have to pay the fine or charge in full.
- If students wish to walk around the campus by themselves during personal time & between activities, they must:
- Get permission from the duty member of staff.
- All be aged over 11.
- Stay in groups.
- Report back to the same member of staff every 30 minutes.
- Students under 16 are only allowed to leave campus without a member of staff under exceptional circumstances. Express permission for this must be given by duty staff.
- If students over 16 wish to leave the campus they need to get the permission of duty staff, go in groups of three and be back within a fixed time.
- Students have to follow the Safer-Online contract which includes:
- Do not use mobile phones, tablets or other electronic devices after lights-out. These can be taken away overnight if we suspect the rule is not followed.
- Do not use mobile phones, tablets or other electronic devices during lessons, activities and visits without teachers/adults.
- Do not disclose any personal information, including financial, to people online.
- Do not access or share any illegal or inappropriate sites whilst on the course.
- Tell staff about any unwanted/inappropriate messages.
- Do not share inappropriate pictures/images/words online (text/email/social media).
- Do not share pictures/images/words that cause offense to or annoy someone else.
- Students only take pictures of other students and people with their permission. If they have a picture of another person, that the other person does not want them to have, they must delete it.
- Treat other people online with respect.
- There will be zero tolerance for cyber-bullying and disciplinary measure will be taken as necessary.
- Any students breaking these rules, or the laws of England & Wales, or persisting in serious anti-social behaviour will be disciplined and may be sent home early with no refund of fees. If a student is expelled from the course, their parents/guardians will be responsible for departure travel arrangements. JBL staff will arrange the transfer to the departure point and transfer charges will apply.
- Emergency contact details
It is your responsibility to inform JBL of an emergency contact telephone number where a parent/guardian/agent can be contacted 24 hours a day, including the student’s arrival and departure days.
By making a booking with JBL you are agreeing to the storage and use of the personal information you supply about the student and yourself for JBL’s purposes only, which may include issuing confirmation documents, processing payments, managing course arrangements and helping students in need of medical attention.
We will not pass any personal details on to any other organisation or third party.
JBL (or it’s associated companies) may take photographs of social events, lessons and activities which may be used in promotional materials, such as brochures and the website. Please indicate on the registration form if you are not happy for the student’s photograph to be used for promotional purposes.
JBL will only be responsible for loss or damage suffered by a student which occurs as a foreseeable result of JBL’s breach of the terms and conditions or its negligence.
Nothing in the terms and conditions shall limit or exclude JBL’s liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Force majeure
JBL are not liable for any failure or delay in providing our services that occurs as a result of any event outside our reasonable control, such as but not limited to war, disease outbreak, natural disaster or terrorist attack. In such cases, JBL will immediately notify you in writing and JBL shall be excused from performing our obligations for the duration of the force majeure event.
- Changes in terms of service
JBL reserves the right to change these terms of service from time to time.
- Legal enforcement
These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England & Wales. Courts of England & Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes that may arise out of the terms and condition